Cremation is a process in which a body reduces to its basic elements, such as bone fragments, under very high temperature, pressure, and vaporization. All arrangements required for this are made by local crematories, such as Howard K Hill’s Suffield funeral home or Windsor funeral home. Cremation is done in a cremator, which is nothing but a furnace that generates high temperatures to disintegrate the body.
It is an individual’s choice to be buried or cremated; sometimes it depends on religious and cultural beliefs as well. The following are several common reasons why most of the people like to be cremated:
Reasons To Choose Cremation:
1) Cremation is a short process. Many people opt for it because in this the body disintegrates easily and quickly, not like a burial where the decomposition of a body requires a much longer time.
2) Cremation is an easy funeral process unlike burial, which is a lengthy and complicated process.
3) If the crematory services are kept simple and no fancy urns are chosen for the purpose, cremation can be quite cheap compared to the conventional burial method.
4) Cremation is certainly a more eco-friendly process of funeral, which saves a lot of cemetery space compared to burial that requires a larger space. Several countries, including Europe and Japan, seem to be running out of crematory space as the number of caskets is increasing significantly.
5) There are several options available to dispose of the remains after cremation. As the ashes are given to the family members, they are free to dispose them of according to their religious or personal beliefs, which include scattering them in rivers, burying them in the ground, or entombing them into a mausoleum.
6) Customs and religions influence one’s decision to be cremated or buried.
7) There is a common belief among many individuals that cremation is the fastest way to unite with Mother Nature, whereas the buried bodies undergo the decomposition phase for years.
Cremation is also preferred by some scientifically enlightened people who do not want their DNA to be used for cloning after their death.
Reasons To Choose Burial:
1) Burning the body of a close one in furnace right after his death sounds dissuading to many people.
2) Several religions, such as Zoroastrianism, Judaism, and Islam, consider cremation as a disgrace to the dead; therefore, it is prohibited for the followers.
3) People often consider cremation as a method that simply eliminates all ways to reach their loved ones, which is not the same when the body is buried. They are able to pay respect to the dead at the grave any time.
4) Burial is considered a respectful way of funeral, which also retains the memories of the dead forever.
5) By burying a body, the dead person is offered an eternal resting place, which brings great peace of mind to his near and dear ones.
Irrespective of the chosen funeral methods, death itself is a harsh and painful reality that every living being has to experience some day. If death is anticipated, the harsh decisions should be made in advance. Family members of the dead should respect their last wishes and choose a funeral type preferred by the deceased. There are many Connecticut funeral homes, such as Howard K Hill’s Windsor funeral services or Suffield funeral services, that honor the deceased’s decision and make arrangements for a private funeral, if requested.
As always Howard K. Hill Funeral Services is proud of our community and families that we are honored to serve. To help with this initiative you can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and even YouTube. If you have any questions about our services or are in need please feel free to contact Howard K Funeral Home to know everything you need to know about funerals and funeral services. Howard K. Hill Funeral Services has had the privilege of serving families in communities such as Suffield CT, Meriden CT, Hartford CT, New Haven CT, Bloomfield CT, Windsor CT and Hamden CT. We would like the honor to serve you too. Call us at (203) 551-9639 or visit our blog.